The night before, Dinah and I asked for discount coupons for restaurants - that's how we got sucked into the timeshare vortex. 'only a 90 min tour with no obligation to buy and you may receive a coupon for 4 free adult breakfast buffets here at the wilderness resort!'
the sales lady was a newbie so she was very low pressure...but (there is always a but) they bring in the closer to do a hard pitch at the end. I told her that I'm afraid of the costs and she tried making the deal more sweet. I'm thinking, "stop scamming me lady...didn't they tell you upfront that I just came for the free coupons? ...you are cutting into my time that I have allotted for the waterparks!"
Finally, got out of there after approx 2.5 hours.
My parents use to own a Vistana timeshare near disneyworld...so I have a similar pic of myself like this when I was a kid. My mahal didn't go on the timeshare tour - he stayed in the hotel room. he said, "I have to take care of baby Jasmine." We scammed Ken into going - thanks Ken!
Timeshare package that was shown to us = $27,000
example mortgage per month over 10 years = $445
maintenance fund per month = $61
We hardly go on vacation and you want me to pay what?!