I chose not to have any mani/pedis while I was pregnant so it's been a whole year since I stepped into a nail salon. My toenails sure look ashy... good I don't take clear pics because my feet are rough. I plan to get together with the girls soon to get our nails done- yayyy!
Jasmine is now more than a month old. She is holding her head up more. she wears mittens because I haven't cut her nails yet. She drinks about 4-7 ounces of formula + breastmilk per feeding so I bought 9 oz Avent bottles to keep up with her appetite. she burps like her daddy so I don't need to pat her on the back all the time to elicit a burp. I sit her straight then lean her forward then sit her straight up on my lap...the she BUUUURPS! She has a good strong cry... especially when she is hungry. I don't know how much she weighs but she is getting chubby.
I am actually going to retire some of her clothes. I was getting her ready to put her in her crib for the night ...but I had to change her clothes while she was sleeping. It was hot so I was going to put her in a onesie (0-3 mos size). I managed to slip the onesie over Jasmine's head without waking her.. but after that.. I had a hard time maneuvering her arm into the sleeve. so..she is wearing 3-6 mos clothing now.
AJ is our big helper. He likes to help me by pouring the formula into the bottle. He is a smart, sensitive boy...one of the best kids in the whole wide world! For the most part, he is easygoing and obedient with me so I can get him to do anything I ask of him. At this age, I get the best conversations from him; he amuses me all the time.
Example:
scenario - me, aj, baby Jasmine are in the TV room. I'm sitting on the far end of the couch. AJ is standing close to the TV - eating oatmeal and watching cartoons.
I said, " AJ, can you please give me baby Jasmine's blanket over there?"
AJ hesitates; then he says, "No, Mommy ..you do it. I am concentrating on eating."