I told you I was going to get me a pedicure! I thought my feet would be more photogenic than the pic above. In my mind, my feet are the skinniest part of my body right now...but now they look kinda huge. When I was young and single, my shoe size was 7- 7.5. Now I wear a size 9/wide. That's another thing that is not divulged to women prior to when they have kids.... your feet get huge and they might stay that way for a long time if not forever.
They say that you should love yourself so that you can love others... but sometimes I forget to do this for myself. I think a lot of moms do this because they want to take care of their childrens' needs first. Case in point: Jasmine is crying (hungry cry) and I have to pee really bad. I actually have to stop and think about what I should do. Then I remind myself that I need to take care of my needs first so that I can properly take care of her needs. simple, huh? ...but my first gut instinct is to take care of her so something so simple is not so simple. So I needed this pedicure to take care of my need to feel pretty.
I also needed this pedicure to spend time with friends. It may look like I balance my life effortlessly but I feel that my balance scale always tippeth over. I feel stretched sometimes because I want to be there for everyone - family, friends, work, and especially AJ & Jasmine; then I feel bad that I'm not giving enough because I know I am stretched too thin. But I know that spending time with friends is important...It keeps me sane and from feeling like I am stuck in a rut.
I would like to thank everyone who made this pedicure possible: to my mahal and my 2 wonderful kids, who without their love and support, I would not have been able to get my toes done. to my mother-in-law & father-in-law: Rosita and Manuel Yee, for coming to babysit. I appreciate all that you do for us. to my friends - Patti, Jade, Valerie, and Annie; for scheduling this lovely pedicure...and for being there..without you all, my toes would still be ashy. you guys rock!
Thank you and God Bless