Friday, August 10, 2007

Ang puso kong ito’y para lang sa iyo




Nandito ako umiibig sa iyo
Kahit na nagdurugo ang puso
Kung sakaling iwanan ka niya
Huwag kang mag-alala
May nagmamahal sa iyo
Nandito ako

In high school and in college, I would memorize lyrics to love songs and I would belt them out in the shower. I sure sounded like Lea Salonga...at least to my ears. When AJ was a baby, I would sing songs that I remember from a long time ago.... now I am excited that I can do this with Jasmine. My memory is really bad so I pretty much only know the above refrain of this song. thank god for internet because that is where I snagged the lyrics.
thank god for blogs so that I can post the pics above to remind me of happy, simple, quiet times when I sang them to sleep.
My dearest AJ and Jasmine..

here is a rough translation of the words above (I was born in America too ...so forgive your mommy if I translate it wrong ...but you will get the gist just like I did) :
Nandito ako umiibig sa iyo
I am just here loving you
Kahit na nagdurugo ang puso
Even though my heart is bleeding
Kung sakaling iwanan ka niya
In case he/she will leave you
Huwag kang mag-alala
don't worry
May nagmamahal sa iyo
There is someone who loves you
Nandito ako
I am here