Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pre-K

Took a half day off from work today for IEP meeting at AJ's school.
Man... I got a little bit teary eyed when I got there from seeing the kids and the teachers. AJ's pre-school is for special ed kids... so when I look at them - I know there is some reason that they are there. I think what is overwhelming is just feeling the love surrounding these kids. I know I love my own kids... but to see the teachers and staff... how much they care for these kids... wow.

The meeting with his teacher Ms Jen and the vision itinerant Ms Lily was coolio - they just reinforced what I already know about AJ ..but also how well he is doing in school. He is more confident and becoming more assertive. He is saying what he wants and what he doesn't like.

So... next year AJ will be going to the regular pre-K. he's ready.