Tuesday, January 1, 2008

at manigong bagong taon!

Pics taken around 2 pm (after little or no sleep at all)



Tita Mely * Kuya Arnold * Ann * Tita Precy



Princess * Ninang Weng




Tita Precy, Abby, Rechelle (foreground), my Mahal, Me, AJ, Quentin, Dinah, Princess, and Weng ..... and John Michael lying down (that's his legs - R side of pic)


Family Pic


plus Ish under black.white plaid blanket.....Red lying down on couch (background) ...and John Michael again - R side of pic



Earlier, I was thinking about how long that I have been welcomed to the Yee's house for New Year....this will be my 9th. My first New Year with my Mahal was back in 1999-I invited him to a New year's eve party at my apartment.... I'm surprised he actually came considering it's his parents' wedding anniversary. He broke tradition for me? wowwwww...


Almost every year I ask my mahal if we can break tradition and just go to a hotel party for New Year's or spend it at a waterpark hotel. I never have the heart to actually do it though.... for which I am thankful that I am so chicken-hearted.


I would have missed Grandma Ludie's stories... talking to Dinah about vacation plans... Papa Epic and Tito Angel talking about the Philippines.. all the delicious filipino food...seeing all the kids a little older & a little taller...trying to coordinate our countdown champagne toast with the TV countdown ... playing Jenga... playing in between..shots of crown royal... the chicca chicca/chismis ....and laughter from playing charades. mama Rosie imitating a giraffe and mama Mely imitating a dog .... HILARIOUS.


Happy New Year! GO CUBS GO! make it a great 2008!



side note: I think this might have been a record for some of da poker players - I don't have an official time but I think they played past 10 am.