Friday, September 7, 2007

oh bla oh bla da life goes on

We brought AJ on 9/4 for another eye exam under anesthesia with Dr. Mets. Per the doc, his eye pressures are well controlled at this moment (19-20 both eyes). Next step is to do a pupilloplasty on his right pupil. Basically, the doc wants to open up his right pupil ...so i think she will put retention sutures around the pupil?? AJ's right pupil is tiny which probably means he cannot see good out of his right eye.


I really like Children's Memorial Hospital. I am so grateful that we were referred right away when AJ was a baby and that there is a place like this that children can go to get treated. I know that people like to donate to St Jude's hospital but Children's Memorial Hospital is closer to our hearts. Everyone is so friendly to us there... I'm amazed at the compassion that I have seen at Children's. I've seen kids with worse than AJ and families who travel farther than us...and families who have to wait longer for their kid to come out of surgery. So if you are reading this, please check out their website on what you can do for Children's Memorial Hospital. They will accept toy donations at the front desk. I think next time we go, I am going to bring old magazines... they only had a ski magazine and newsweek - this sucks when you are waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting. My mahal did the
Loop the Loop for Kids Father's Day 5K Run/Walk last June 17, 2007 for Childrens Memorial Hospital. I didn't tell him but I was very proud.



Sept 5 Wednesday: AJ started his first day at school. Hooray! He cried when I was getting him ready but he was fine on the school bus. We were giving him advice for his first day: I told him, "don't talk about farting or poop, ok?" Mama Auring told him, "if there is a bully, let me know and I will go and slap his face" Mama Auring also said, "get the camera so we can take pictures...get a picture of the license plate"


Waiting for the school bus with Uncle Alex. Mama Auring and Tita Tess in the background, waiting at the doorway.

buckled in and ready to go!

have a good 1st day of school, big boy

AJ came home safe and sound.

I asked, "What did you do at school today?" answer: "uh..i don't know." I asked, "What is your teacher's name?" answer: "uh..i don't know, can I go play video games with Uncle Alex now?"

What a leap of faith that I put him on the school bus!