Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Passion

shout out to Mike Hernandez -- happy B-day!!



I worry. I worry about my brother. We went to nursing school together but he had to drop out because of his health. I was so pissed then because I was the one who made sure our applications were in and I felt that he still could have gone on. But I couldn't keep that anger- it was not healthy for me.

I was upset when he was diagnosed with heart failure. That was a couple months before I was to marry my mahal... I was even thinking that I could not get married if something happened to my brother.

Does it upset me that he doesn't have a job? No. I'm just happy that he is alive. So, no I could care less if he has a job or not.



I'm pretty much amazed at how he has learned how to play harmonica and guitar. This past year, he has been learning the ukelele.
He asked me if wanted to watch him at Cullen's for open mic.

it was so coolio. his friend Scott sets up the mic and stuff - he is a teacher at the Old school of Music.
it was an eclectic bunch of people. loved it!! it's like a talent show for adults.

I was thinking how vulnerable people feel when they perform but at the same time you are so free ...it must be an exhilarating feeling. they must feel alive! I loved the passion.

Kuya bernard did 2 songs .... that 'oooh baby I love your way..every day' song and Proud Mary (CCR/tina turner) - he knows how to rock a ukelele.

next door was the Rocky Horror Picture Show - I was surprised about the subcultures that I have been missing because I am tucked away in the suburbs.
people coming out of that show looked almost vampiresque. I thought one guy was going to bite my neck as I walked past him on the sidewalk.