Life has been pretty busy. It takes awhile to post a blog with pics - so I plan to put new pics in a week or so. If you do read my blog - always check out my archived posts because I backtrack and try to sequence events in order.
what's new?
Mama Auring and Papa Epic are in the philippines. I haven't heard from them but I guess they are ok. I don't call home when I go out either...I must get that from them, huh?
Mama Rosie and Papa Manny are going to the philippines in about 2 days.
My mahal is the same except he is getting ready to run another 5K.
Me - I just started a new job with Zurich doing utilization review for worker's comp claims. I am also taking a class for my certification to be a CNA instructor. I've met some interesting women these past couple weeks who multi-task as much as I do...I notice that these women all downplay all that they do and still feel like they aren't contributing enough to either their family or their careers. makes me want to slow down and smell the roses - which I plan to do after the holidays. I can't smell the roses now, I have too much that I want to do.
Currently, I am 173 lbs- got a long way to go to where I want to be... but I'm getting there!
Baby girl is acting like a princess. she likes to be entertained. she giggles at herself when she sees her reflection in the mirror. I don't think she cries alot for Tita Tess - but she does cry alot when it's just us over the weekend. I am just realizing that she is doing what a typical baby does.... meaning cry when she's wet/hungry/or sleepy. We remember that AJ didn't cry as much as a baby.... that it feels like baby girl cries all the time. Now, I am realizing how much AJ's glaucoma affected him. I thought it was just his personality that he was such a calm baby.
Baby girl has had a congested cough- it makes her a little irritable but I haven't called the pediatrician yet. if she gets worse, I will call the doc but I am just monitoring her for now. she was outgrowing the size 1 diapers.. we skipped over size 2...she's in size 3 diapers right now. she is wearing some of her 9 mos clothing, too.
AJ is doing well after his eye surgery. He needs to use his R eye more- he is so used to compensating with his L eye. At this moment in time, his favorite show is Zoboomafoo.
Tita Tess told me that AJ had been crying on the school bus because one of the kids hit him. Also this past friday, Quentin was twisting AJ's arm back while they were playing. AJ started bawling. I told AJ to tell his cousin that he doesn't want to play like that - but he can't process that while he is crying.
AJ has a gentle soul....from day one, we always told him that we love love each other. I know in daycare that AJ was told "we don't hit our friends". I have only seen AJ push other kids while they are playing - otherwise he is not rough. Other boys play rough and I worry that AJ won't stand up for himself.
I told my mahal that we have to teach him how to defend himself. so right now we told him that if someone does something to him that he doesn't like- that he has to yell, "DON'T DO THAT!" ......if that doesn't work, i hope he hits back? I dunno.
****thank you thank you to everyone who gave a gift or sent well wishes or was able to celebrate with us for AJ's birthday and/or Jasmine's baptism****