no new camera yet.. but not taking any pics with our yucky camera at this time. my mahal emailed me info on the Canon Elph - i'm on the fence as we have a canon now ... I really don't want any booshie gadgets that I will never use on a camera . I just want some clear shots and easy to put on the computer. so we will see how that goes.
I can't be the only mom who finds herself overdoing it or overscheduling herself... what is the secret for other moms who can bring home the bacon and fry it in a pan too? superwomen out there... how do you make it look effortless? tell me!! I want to know!!
so I made plans with friends to go see a chick flick : Harold & Kumar on may 18. I pretty much said I'm tired of oversheduling me and the fam but that I would do this movie. only one friend understood otherwise I got no sympathy. it's probably because they are used to having a busy schedule, too. i'm already stressing about it because my mahal doesn't have his softball schedule but will most likely play.. i'll ask my in-laws to watch the kids although I don't want to bother them. they are getting up in age and their health is not like it used to be. ..and I would have to get the kids ready.. get myself ready...drive to their house (opposite way) ..drive to the movie theater... pick up the kids..etc. etc. etc. so we will see how that goes. i'll probably enjoy myself then...but right now I am stressing out.
brought baby girl for her 9 mos checkup on monday: 19.8# only? sure feels like a 25lb sack of rice. doc asked if she is crawling and if she is doing a pincer grasp. nope.. actually I could care less - she looks fine to me.
mama auring is here this week - thanks, Ma!!
tax day: yikes! ...double yikes! i'm gonna be real good and try not to spend anything for the next couple days..months..weeks.. rest of 2008.
facebook: crazy man... blast from the past: high school, extended family, college, IRC. I have less than 20 friends :( My high school boyfriend has approx 500! what the..? I like to check out my friends' friends to see if I knew those people - 6 degrees of separation. crazy. but then I feel just as disconnected as I did at my high school reunion ...where I knew people but I don't think they remember me ...so I must have not really known them that well.
love my job by the way...sometimes I think about working in a hospital as a staff nurse - maybe ER or psych... but this job is way too cushy for me to consider another nurse job at the moment.
* powers that be could care less about what time I come in or leave ..just as long as I get in my 8 hrs and meet 'productivity'
* nobody criticizing my work
* hour lunch- working out at the gym /dry sauna
* will reimburse my nursing license
* will reimburse 2 offsite seminars
no way would any of this happen if I worked in a hospital.. if i remember correctly- everybody was catty and would rat on you if you were a minute late or tried to leave early... everybody talked about other nurses and what a crappy job they did... get off the nursing unit-- yeah, right. reimbursement --nope.
I've just discovered the dry sauna.. one word: awesome!
i lay there for about 5 min ...close my eyes and dream that I am on vacation. love it!!