Monday, March 10, 2008

weekend notes

Friday March 7:
went to the Dollar Tree Store yesterday.... got a plastic ball and easter egg coloring dye for AJ. he loves the ball - we've been shooting hoops into an empty waste paper basket. we dyed 4 eggs green and put stickers on them. AJ is getting excited about Easter.

saturday March 8:
bliss... i am not teaching. i love teaching but it was cutting into my family time. had to take off my superwoman cape some day. I constantly do an inventory on myself - am I doing what I want to do? am I happy with my choices? today I can say YES! ...and my mahal is in a good mood and up for anything that I plan for us.
I leisurely let the kids wake up on their own. Jasmine @ 7:30 am ...AJ @ 8:30 am.
My mahal came home about 1 pm and we headed over to the Kids Expo in Schaumburg.
AJ did mini golf...sat in a train...won some little prizes.. and slide down one of the air filled jumpy things. quote AJ: 'my favorite part was the petting zoo...when the animals pooped.'
we were just about to go to California Pizza kitchen when I told my mahal that Tensuke is pretty close.
Loved it! 4 pm : no people and food is fast. you don't have to tip because it's not a boogie restaurant. my mahal really likes this place; we would normally be charged $50.00 at the sushi restaurant near our house for the same type of meal.
my mahal had 3 small packages (prepackaged) of sashimi that he likes ...which the other restaurant will not do substitutions : $15.00 + free bowl of rice (they didn't charge him..)
I had a boston roll combo $9.00 (about 6 pieces + 3 pieces sushi + a dollop of seaweed salad)
AJ had unajU $10.00 (eel over rice + miso soup + pickled radish on the side).
then we buy red bean and vanilla mochi for the ride home.

sunday March 9
had a plumber come over in the morning ... have a leak around the toilet in the master bathroom... yikes! might have to do the bathroom renovation a little earlier than we thought.

headed over to Evanston for Asher's dedication ceremony. thank you for inviting us! I thought Felix said it so simply and so eloquently about what the ceremony meant for us...for Asher... and for everyone that was there.
Children are a blessing.

John Michael and Kate came over in the evening to download info for my mahal's new phone... we all went to Olive garden 8 pm (can you believe we had to wait 20 min for a table?) .. .got home at 10 pm.

weekend over. as the little einsteins would say: mission completed!

alas... no pics again... forgot what I did with the camera.... and the memory card.